Undergraduate Open House
Wednesday, January 8
Doors Open 5:00PM; Program 5:30PM – 6:30PM
Special Offer! APPLY FREE at the event. A $50 value. RSVP here.
国产偷拍视频Our Cyber Security bachelor's degree program prepares individuals for a career as a security professional.
Our Cyber Security major's curriculum prepares students for success in IT Security, Cyber Security, Information Assurance, and Information Systems Security. It is designed for students with some background in computers.
Learn More About a Career in Cyber Security
The field of Cyber Security offers many opportunities for workforce employment and career advancement. A description of the various Cyber Security-related job roles, descriptions and competencies can help you select which courses are right for you and assist you in charting your career in this growing field.
- The average annual wage for Cyber Security jobs is $79,370
- Cyber Security ranks 17th out of 100 for top jobs in the U.S.
- Cyber Security jobs are expected to grow 20%
- Charter Oak State College offers college credit for CISSP certification
Major Requirements Credits TOTAL 45
ITE 102: Introduction to Computer Science
国产偷拍视频ITE 101: Management Information Systems
国产偷拍视频ITE 220: Networking and Data Communications
ITE 145: Fundamentals of Information Systems Security
CSS 146: Legal Issues in Information Security
CSS 230: Managing Risk in Information Systems
国产偷拍视频CSS 245: Security Policies & Implementation
国产偷拍视频CSS 345: Auditing IT Infrastructure for Compliance
CSS 346: Access Controls, Authentication and PKI
CSS 435: Fundamentals of Network Security
CSS 436: Systems Forensics, Investigations and Response
国产偷拍视频CSS 437: Hacker Techniques, Tools and Incident Handling
国产偷拍视频CSS 438: Security Strategies for Web Apps and Social Networking
Please choose two of the following:
- CSS 347: Security Strategies in Windows OS/Applications
- CSS 348: Security Strategies in Linux OS/Applications
- CSS 448: Cyberwarfare
国产偷拍视频CSS 490: Capstone
Student Learning Outcomes
国产偷拍视频Students who graduate with a major in Cyber Security will be able to:
- explain the landscape, key terms, and concepts related to the many layers of information systems security.
- explore and explain the fields in digital forensics and cyber policy analysis.
- create policies and standard operating procedures for organizations that are ethically, morally, and legally sound while recognizing ethical dilemmas and social responsibilities.
- identify and critically assess issues and concepts related to the protection of information and information systems.
- use risk management principles to assess threats, vulnerabilities, countermeasures and impact contributions at risk in information systems.
- illustrate and explain fundamental architectures of networks and the Internet, as well as their underlying principles.