Undergraduate Open House
Wednesday, January 8
Doors Open 5:00PM; Program 5:30PM – 6:30PM
Special Offer! APPLY FREE at the event. A $50 value. RSVP here.
国产偷拍视频Become a manager with decision-making, leadership, teamwork and motivational skills.
国产偷拍视频Students completing a major in Business Administration will have an understanding of the global and business environment and the construct of an organization and how each interacts with government policies. They will also understand allocation of resources and the application of information technology. Students will acquire decision-making, leadership, teamwork and motivational skills to become managers with an awareness of differences related to culture, communications style and gender.
Learn More About our Business Administration Degree Program
Our Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree program requires a minimum of 45 credits, including 8 core courses (24 credits), 3 concentration courses (9 credits), and the Capstone course (3 credits).
ACC 101: Financial Accounting
The course will help students perform financial analyses; derive information for personal or organizational decisions; and understand business, governmental, and other organizational entities国产偷拍视频. The concepts of assets, liabilities and equity will be studied in detail. Students will be exposed to ethical and global aspects as it affects the financial accounting practice. Topics include: financial statements, accounting cycles, reporting financial results, financial assets, stockholder equity, and retained earnings and cash flow.
3 cr ACC 102: Managerial Accounting
This course provides a practical understanding of the use of accounting by management in planning and controlling operations in all functions of an enterprise, and in choosing among alternative courses of action国产偷拍视频. Students will use accounting and other quantitative and qualitative concepts to prepare reports for decision-making purposes. Topics covered include revenue analysis; business progress evaluation; preparation of operating budgets; and evaluation of capital investment proposals. Students will be exposed to the ethical and global aspects of managerial accounting as they affect performance and investment evaluations.
国产偷拍视频 Prerequisite: ACC 101
3 cr BUS 120: Business Law
This course deals with those aspects of law which affect businesses. It covers fundamental elements of the legal system, and uses professional negligence as the vehicle for demonstrating the system of judicial precedent; the essentials of establishing and performing simple contracts and the remedies available in the event of a breach; the essential characteristics of the various forms of business relationships and the nature of property, instruments and devises.
3 cr MGT 101: Principles of Management
This course is focused on the disciplines within the four functions of management: planning, organizing, leading and controlling. There will be four team assignments in this course.
3 cr ITE 101: Management Information Systems
This course will provide an understanding of how information technologies gather, store, process and communicate information国产偷拍视频. The course combines a conceptual understanding of the technology necessary for success in the information age, along with an understanding of the hardware and software required for an organization to successfully utilize technology. Attention will also be given to the legal, social and ethical uses of technology.
3 cr MKT 220: Principles of Marketing
This course examines the basic principles of marketing and the tools marketers use to motivate consumers to buy products and services国产偷拍视频. Additional topics include marketing in a global economy, marketing research, internet marketing and marketing information systems.
3 cr FIN 210: Finance Management
This course focuses on basic finance国产偷拍视频. Major emphasis is placed on financial statements and ratio analysis; working capital management; capital budgeting; stocks and bonds evaluation; and financial planning and forecasting.
Recommended Prerequisites: ACC 101 or a Principles of Accounting course
3 cr MGT 315: Organizational Behavior
This course is focused on information about people and their behavior within the context of a working environment: motivation, learning, communication, feedback, influence, and stress-coping techniques.
国产偷拍视频Prerequisites: ENG 101, ENG 102, MGT 101
3 cr BUS 499: Business Administration Major Capstone
This is a senior capstone course for business administration majors. The student can have no more than 6 credits remaining in their major to complete in their degree program prior to enrolling in this course. The goal of the course is to apply and synthesize all previous course learning to manage organizations strategically国产偷拍视频. Strategic management of organizations is a complex endeavor encompassing the central question: Why do some companies succeed while others fail? The course will require students to examine this question by integrating knowledge from prior business courses, while simultaneously learning and applying new organizational management concepts, principles, frameworks and methodologies. Students in this course apply multi-disciplinary techniques to diagnose and recommend actions appropriate to specific company situation, using the case method of teaching.
国产偷拍视频Prerequisites: ENG 101, ENG 102, ACC 101, ACC 102, BUS 120, FIN 210, ITE 101, MGT 101, MKT 220, & MGT 315
国产偷拍视频Students enrolled in the Business Administration major will earn 9 credits of their credits in one of these five concentrations:
- Small Business
- Project Management
- Human Resources
- Organizational Management
- General Business - this concentration will be developed with your Academic Advisor
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a major in Business Administration will be able to:
- explain the global environment, including: the functioning of market systems, including their role in effective allocation and their reaction to information; the interactions of government policies and spending, monetary and fiscal policy, financial markets and institutions and the interaction of economics; and the institutions and the interaction of economies; and the basis and impact of government regulations and policy, including environmental policy, on markets;
- analyze the impact of social, cultural and political differences in world markets;
- demonstrate the relationships among the functional areas of an organization, including the ability to: explain in the nature and construct of an organization; assess the information technology needs of an organization; explain the process of resource allocation within an organization; identify and satisfy the needs of the consumer; and create strategic processes necessary for a successful organization; and explain plan development and performance measurement;
- utilize decision-making skills; and
- demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills, which include: working with individuals and in groups; organizing and motivating groups to complete the tasks necessary to serve the stakeholders of the organization; and assessing and adjusting for differences related to culture;
- apply ethical principles in both strategy formulation and day-to-day operations.